This course will equip you with the skills required to create and produce professionally sounding music using current music technology. The course introduces the use of computer software (GarageBand, Logic Pro, Reason etc) to write, record and produce music and also provides participants with the necessary information and guidance to put together their own home studio set-up.
- To enable participants to create and produce music on a computer and to provide participants with the necessary information and guidance to be able to create their own home set-up and to use current music technology software.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Be familiar with key features of modern DAW software, using Logic Pro, Reason & Garageband.
- Understand how to record, Import, Edit, Manipulate and export audio.
- Understand how to record, sequence and edit MIDI.
- Understand the applications of Signal and effects processing such as Compressors, Noise Gates, Reverb, Delay and modulation fx
- Understand the parameters and application of equalisation.
- Understand the design and use of different types of microphones
- Candidates will also understand the key components of a basic home computer music set up and key factors when selecting equipment.
- This largely practical course will also contain supporting literature and will explore role of home music production in modern music
Working with loops in Garageband. Introduction to Logic Pro. Recording & sequencing MIDI.
Soft synths and samplers – Logic Pro and/or Reason
Recording and editing audio Mixing - Introduction to EQ, Dynamics and FX
Connections, home setup & buying advice
Duration: 5 weeks
Starts: 18 NOVEMBER 2017
Tutor: Duncan Chave
Participants: up to 6
If you are unable to commit to the course dates we offer 1-1 tuition course arranged as required from £35-£40 per hour
Book now your FREE 20 min consultations.
At Sound Gallery Studios we have carefully designed courses and workshops which go beyond the nuts and bolts of software education and aim to inspire you to create, record and produce your own music with the help of music industry professionals. Whether you are a beginner or have advance knowledge of music production, our courses will help you take your music to the next level. We also run masterclasses in association with the Analogue to Digital Music Expo and our education partners: Time+Space, Native Instruments, Integrity Records and Super Audio Mastering.
Did you find this course useful and in what way?
- Yes, it has broadened my knowledge regarding aspects of music technology and has really helped me to understand a lot of complicated things in Logic and music in general.
- I enjoyed exploring the technical terminology plus developing a basic understanding of Logic's processes.
- I found the course very helpful and enjoyable. I felt comfortable and learnt a lot.
- I gained a thorough grounding in digital recording. The teaching style was easy, relaxed and patient. This contributed to an excellent learning environment.
- I loved this course and learnt an enormous amount from it. I have lots of experience already with using Reason, and this course helped me overcome my hesitation to use Logic Pro 8 and also gave me an insight into Garageband. Overall it made music making software more approachable and fun.
Do you think these courses are a good idea and why?
- Yes, I do because many people get confused on this subject and few places around this area offer courses like these.
- Gives a chance to those who can't go back to college and only need to do 1 specific course.
- The course was very good and was structured well.
Very useful for budding home recording artists.
- The Sound Gallery is the best thing to happen in Exeter.
- I like the flexibility of topics offered and appreciated that this course adjusted according to our individual needs and levels.
For more information and to book a place contact Maria Peters through our website or call 01392-495301