This course will equip participants with the skills required to create and produce professionally sounding music at home using current music technology. Participants introduced to the use of computer software (Garageband, Logic Pro, Reason etc) to write, record and produce music and also provides participants with the necessary information and guidance to put together their own home studio set-up.
Days: Saturdays 10am-1:30pm
Duration: 5 weeks (18 hours)
Starts: 18 NOVEMBER 2017
Participants: up to 6
Tutor: Duncan Chave
Contact: Maria Peters, [email protected] or call 01392-495301
We also offer 1-1 tuition arranged as required from £35-£40 per hour
- To enable participants to create and produce music on a computer and to provide participants with the necessary information and guidance to be able to create their own home set-up and to use current music technology software.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Be familiar with key features of modern DAW software, using Logic Pro, Reason & Garageband.
- Understand how to record, Import, Edit, Manipulate and export audio.
- Understand how to record, sequence and edit MIDI.
- Understand the applications of Signal and effects processing such as Compressors, Noise Gates, Reverb, Delay and modulation fx
- Understand the parameters and application of equalisation.
- Understand the design and use of different types of microphones
- Candidates will also understand the key components of a basic home computer music set up and key factors when selecting equipment.
- This largely practical course will also contain supporting literature and will explore role of home music production in modern music
Working with loops in Garageband. Introduction to Logic Pro. Recording & sequencing MIDI.
Soft synths and samplers – Logic Pro and/or Reason
Recording and editing audio Mixing - Introduction to EQ, Dynamics and FX
Connections, home setup & buying advice