Creative Music Technology – Advanced level
Improve your music creation, mixing and production skills using today’s most popular music production tools including Logic Pro and Pro Tools. Gain an insight into the recording and production techniques used in a professional recording studio including mic placement, sampling, EQ, dynamics and more! This course is designed to build upon these skills and techniques learnt in the beginner’s course, but is also suitable for people who already have a fundamental knowledge of creating music.
Schedule: Duration: 6 weeks – Dates/Times: tbc
Cost: £275 per person – Tutor: Duncan Chave – Participants: 3-5
We also offer 1-1 tuition arranged as required from £35 per hour
· To equip participants with a better understanding of key principles of music production.
· To enable participants to improve their music production skills
By the end of the course participants will:
· Understand and use panning, dynamics, equalisation and effects to improve their mixes.
· Understand how sampling and synthesis works and be able to use this knowledge to emulate existing sounds and create their own sounds.
· Learn about microphone types and techniques and apply this knowledge.
· Be introduced to basic audio/acoustic theory
· Week 1: Course introduction. Logic Pro refresher
· Week 2: Principles of synthesis and sampling for sound design
· Week 3: Microphones and mic technique
· Week 4: Mix Techniques: EQ and Dynamics
· Week 5: Mix Techniques: FX and mixdown
· Week 6: Mastering and Digital principles
Did you find this course useful and in what way?
– It has got me started in setting up a digital music environment at home and for business.
– The course was excellent with very broad content. The best feature was the flexibility when other subjects required discussion.
Do you think these courses are a good idea and why?
– The course was excellently structured and provided practical learning available to working people as Saturdays enable part-time learning integrated into busy lives.
– There is no substitute for learning in a face to face environment with the ability to ask questions.